- Click here for the above and additional links.
- Pests and diseases that affect palms and their solutions.
- INTERNATIONAL PALM SOCIETY
Welcome to our island on the web
There are several options available for society membership.
For more information and membership benefits. click here.
- A partial list and brief description of reference material available to enhance your knowledge. Click here.
- HIPS library with books and periodicals available for checkout. Click here.
- Botanical gardens and public places in Hawaii where you can see rare or uncommon palm trees. Click here.
- Online palm information and photos of private gardens.
Send us an email. Click here,
Current copy of the Newsletter
Volunteering for Upcoming Events!
We need your help!
We can always use volunteer help for our lectures, garden tours, public outreach events, and
the Annual BBQ.
We may be calling you for your help for various events…….you’ll have a lot of fun too.
Give a ring to Mary Lock (808) 430-0401
HAWAI'I ISLAND PALM SOCIETY
Hawaii Island Palm Society
P.O. Box 1585
Kea'au, Hi 96749
Or you can contact us at:
Annual BBQ and Rare Palm Auction
Join us for the highlight HIPS event of the year! Our Annual BBQ and Rare Palm Auction at 5:00pm on Friday, February 3rd, 2017 at Aunty Sally's Luau Hale in Hilo. This is also the time of year we present and vote on the new slate of HIP's elected officers or any changes to the chapter by-laws.
Looking for that 'rare' palm for your garden or for a gift? This is your chance to bid for rare and unusul palm species in either the large Silent Auction or the more selective Live Auction.
Last year's Silent Auction featured over 100 palms and the Live Auction offered 30 rare palms not commonly available anywhere.
In additon to the palms, there will be a catered dinner, (for a minimal fee), and live music to add to the festivities. This is a great way for new members to meet other palm enthusiasts as well as connecting with old friends. We're a friendly group who love palm trees.
More information will be posted on the website in the coming months and a mailer will be sent to all members in early January for meal choice and rsvp's.
For more info, contact Mary Lock :(808) 430-0401. email@example.com http://www.hawaiiislandpalmsociety.com/products.html